COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that because of COVID-19, Healthy Peninsula has pulled all physical resource materials. For resource information, please contact us or visit our online resource guides.
Healthy Peninsula is proud to announce our Family Resource Center for the nine towns of the Blue Hill Peninsula, Deer Isle and Stonington.
It is our goal to offer consistent, “one-stop” access to information and resources that will help families with young children thrive by connecting them with opportunities for fun, education and support. Our approach to getting information out is multifaceted.
- Mobile Resource Centers stocked with pertinent information have been accessible through our Magic Food Bus stops from June through September and available in many of our elementary schools mid-October through the end of the school year.
- Drop-In Resource Center at Healthy Peninsula's office in Blue Hill
- Co-hot an online resource guide at www.communityresourceguide.org with Northern Light Health Systems
- Weekly postings in our Facebook group - Peninsula Birth-5 Activities & Tips
- Early Childhood Newsletters
- Annually updated Resource Guides
This work has been made possible by generous grant funding from the Maine Community Foundation.
If you are a member of the community and have questions about events, resources and supports in the area, please let us know! We may be able to help!
If you are an organization or group providing support, information and/or services to families in the area, let us know about what you do! If you have publicity materials, please mail to PO Box 945, Blue Hill, Maine 04614, Attn: Erica Garvey. We will be sure to include them in our resource centers. We are also available to come talk with your organization or group about the resources offered in the community and how to help share this valuable information with families.
Below are photos of our Mobile Resource Centers, a mesh, magazine-rack style setup, installed in a few of our local elementary schools.
One of the most recognizable accomplishments of the Early Childhood Interest group is a resource list compiled specifically for families with young children.